USA in Paris 2019-2020 Challenge
Dernière mise à jour : 27 sept. 2019
Join us for the second edition of the California Classroom American Culture Scavenger Hunt Challenge in Paris!
Theme this year : American movies that are set in Paris!
Join our adult class students as they set off to explore the American vision of Paris!
I would like students to work in teams as much as possible and feel free to also include your friends or family members to help you too!
TEAM 1: Claire & Florence & Gabriel
TEAM 2: Daniel & Olivia & Melinda
TEAM 3: Christine & Gérard & Viviane
How does it work?
You must accomplish as many tasks as you can from the task list below. The team with the most points will win a prize to be awarded at the end of our challenge! So take your phone, your camera and go exploring! You have from now until July 1 2020 to finish!
Below you will find the TASK LIST. There are different points for each task, with more points for more difficult ones. Tasks will be added throughout the year.
In order to earn your points, you must:
1) Post a picture or video for each task you accomplish on the blog AND
2) Write a short text (1-2 lines) in English about what you did in EACH blog post.
There will be a PRIZE awarded to the team with the most points at the end of the challenge!
1. Find the outdoor market from the film JULIE AND JULIA and interview an American tourist about their stay in Paris. POINTS: 20
2. Find the streets from the scene in JULIE AND JULIA where Julia takes her cooking students shopping. POINTS: 10
3. Get a recommendation of a good American movie that takes place in Paris from someone at Shakespeare & Company Bookstore, 37 Rue de la Bûcherie, 75005
4. Find the stairs where Gil goes nightly in MIDNIGHT IN PARIS to catch his magic car ride to the past. POINTS: 10
5. Find the bridge where Gil meets Gabrielle in MIDNIGHT IN PARIS. Recreate the scene with someone for 20 extra points. POINTS: 10
6. Strike up a conversation about American movies that take place in Paris with someone at Harry's New York Bar, 5 Rue Daunou, 75002. POINTS: 30
7. Find an American tourist, ask them if any movies inspired their trip to Paris and record the discussion on video. POINTS: 30
8. Recreate a bit of the dance scene along the Seine river from the film EVERYONE SAYS I LOVE YOU (minus the flying). POINTS: 50